Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It sure feels like the holidays are coming

Just like last time I was going to be off for quiet shores, my laptop has decided to show character flaws -this time in the shape of my optical drive failing to read discs.

This wholeheartedly sucks. not because this occurred while I was feeding bacon into the drive, but because the people at the genius Bar will most likely try to get away with claiming something of that magnitude anyway.

So far, my dealings with plain old proper Applecare-covered issues has not been great:

  1. Magsafe battery charger starting to fray. Apple eventually akonwledged the problem. That didn't stop the blackshirts from refuting my claims since this was clearly a case of using the Magsafe adapter as a Batarang or whatever they were fantasizing about (*)

  2. GeForce 8600GTM chip failing. Not even Apple was safe from a generation-wide screwup from Nvidia -and it failed by the book (or KB article, as it were). However, the blackshirts tried to peg thaton a dent in the casing of my macbook instead, one they dismissed as being "cosmetic at best" the time I brought it in for inspection. Only after I pointed that out did they replace the faulty logic board under warranty rather than at the cost of 1200 euros.


So yeah. I'm not really happy to have to deal with the slanderous disinterest that they call the Genius bar in any hurry. I'm pretty sure they'll blame this one on Michael Jackson's death upsetting the gravitational pull of the moon.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home