Friday, January 11, 2008

Bag troubles (or: Mabcook Pros don't bounce very well)

Last December I replaced my worn-down messenger bag (every zipper was broken, holes started to appear, etc) with one from Buddista. Pretty neat vinyl bags with a removable flap which can be interchanged with a design of your choice. Pretty good bag altogether -up to the point where it began to behave a bit iffy.

Iffy being that the buckle of the strap just decided to unhinge at random. That's pretty annoying when you tote your laptop around pretty much all the time. Initially I blamed myself for the annoying habit to clasp the buckle, but last monday that pretty much was proven to be not the case when the thing popped open while I was paying for my groceries. With all my gear in it.

Once home, I was able to inspect the damage, which was a depressing experience. It wasn't that bad -there a pretty serious dent in the lower left front and a nick on the side. I guess the sleeve did some protective duties after all -I've seen far worse damage. I wouldn't want to trust my stuff to that bag in any hurry though.

I returned the bag to the store yesterday evening, where they immediately swapped the bag for a new one, no questions asked. Pretty much all I really wanted was the buckle to be replaced, but the guy was thorough in making sure I wouldn't run in trouble again. Extremely nice, though it was a bit difficult to leave the store without having a quick tour of the mandala paintings and the possiblity of attending a workshop.

Anyway, new bag, everything looks in order and I'm trying to avoid the urge to have the dented case replaced. Pricing is …oppressive :)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home