Friday, January 25, 2008

On the way to Berlin

Mental note: trams in Amsterdam are best avoided when you need to be somewhere. At a reasonable time. After waiting something close to infinity for a ride to Central Station, I just buckled under the stress and jumped into the first taxi I could find. This turned out to be a fortunate choice for a change -I made it into the train to Berlin with hardly a moment to spare.

No reservations were made, but they appeared not to be necessary -the train is almost half deserted at any time. I tried making up for the rough night by sleeping in the seats, but they're not exceptionally comfortable.

I'm still a bit divided by my decision to head over to Berlin, as I am pretty good at doing things for the wrong kinds of reasons. However, it will be great to see Anna again and so far people have been absolutely positive that we'll make do in the city. Hotel booked, close by Tiergarten, which is nice enough. She's arriving tomorrow morning, so I'll probably go pick her up, dump the bags at the hotel and we’ll see where we’ll end up. No doubt somewhere crazy.

I'm probably going in for an early one tonight. Bloody seats here leave me worse for wear than the drinking binge with the people from Us Media left me.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home