Monday, June 9, 2008

Think different

What a difference a different Mac store makes. After my hilarious encounters with the batshit employees of iCentre, I decided to bring my latop to a different Apple outlet in order to check out my wonky backlit keyboard.

The tech guy took it to the back (probably to reset the P-RAM), figured out it was definitely a hardware error and proceeded to process the replacement of the keyboard. No accusations of customer abuse, no 2-3 weeks of impound for my laptop while waiting for a replacement keyboard to arrive. Nada.

While browsing for the right part, we even came to the point where he ordered the much-coveted USA keyboard part -at no extra charge, which is a bizarre contrast to "that will cost you at least 130 euros, so don't bother".

Once the part arrives ("in about a week") I can just sling my machine over their counter and have the whole thing done "in two days, tops".

I wish I had the precognition to buy my laptop at this place in the first place.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger C.S. Maker said...

Yay customer service! It's ridiculous how many places don't seem to care for return customers, glad to see alternatives apparently still exist.

June 9, 2008 at 1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home